April 3, 2011

Rules of Attraction



Another must-read book is "Rules of Attraction" by Simone Elkeles. It is the second of the Perfect Chemistry Trilogy.

The Story revolves around Carlos, the second of the Funtes brothers, and how he struggles through his life, knowing that there's a path he's going to take. It's either he take the path his father and older brother took-- a dangerous path, a path Alex (Perfect Chemistry) doesn't want Carlos to take-- or the path he makes for himself as his life changes.


You can watch the book trailer
here.

I've read the two books and I can't wait for the third (not yet released) and between the two, Rules of Attraction is my favorite. I ♥ Carlos! The story is unique, not much gang thing going on, unlike in the first book. The story shows how much you can change because you want to. Not because you're being forced to do it.


It's totally hilarious, you'll laugh to yourself while reading it.

My favorite character is Tuck.


My favorite excerpt:


Tuck holds out his hand. "By the way, I don't think we've been formally introduced. I'm Tuck. You know, rhymes with luck."

"And fuck," Carlos adds.

"Yep, that, too," Tuck says unfazed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment